Policies and Procedures


How to Make a Complaint

Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all matters are dealt with to your satisfaction, we do recognise that on occasions you may have a complaint or concern about the service you have received. We operate a complaints procedure which meets national criteria. We would hope that any matters can be dealt with to the satisfaction of all parties through early discussion. Any such matters may therefore be discussed with any of the GPs or with the Practice Manager. Although it is hoped that such matters can be dealt with immediately, we hope that you will understand that on some occasions an appointment may need to be organised. We would ask that you let us have details of your complaint as soon as possible after the incident and no later than 6 months after the incident or within 6 months of discovering the matter, provided this is within 12 months of the incident.

If applicable, you should put your comments in writing, addressed to either the Senior Partner or The Practice Manager. Correspondence should be sent to – Ascot Medical Centre. Brook House, Brook Avenue, Ascot SL5 7GB. Note – If a third party is making a complaint on behalf of another person, they must have the written consent of the other person to act on their behalf. Such consent will need to be provided to the Practice. We will send you a written acknowledgement of receipt of your complaint within 3 working days with a detailed response to follow as soon as is reasonably possible. Please be aware that the complexity of the complaint may impact on the time taken to respond. Depending on the circumstances, you may be offered a meeting with a member of the Management Team.

Where the matter is not resolved at this stage, you should contact NHS England on 03003 11 22 33 or by email at england.contactus@nhs.net or by post to  NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.

If you remain unhappy after local resolution you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of both the NHS and Government.

You can contact the Ombudsman at Citygate, Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HQ. Tel : 0345 015 4033 email: OHSC.Enquiries@ombudsman.gsi.gov.uk  Website: www.ombudsman.org.uk

Who else can help? If you require any further advice on how to complain, additional information is available as follows – Information on the NHS Complaints Procedure is available on the NHS website at www.nhs.uk or on the D.O.H. website at www.dh.gov.uk Patient Advice & Liason Service (PALS) can explain the complaints procedure and may be able to help you settle a less serious complaint by informal negotiation. They can be contacted on 01753 635615.Local Advocacy Service – S.E.A.P. – Telephone 0330 440 9000 or visit their website at www.seap.org.ukThe Citizens Advice Bureau can be contacted on 0845 050 5161 or at www.citizensadvice.org.uk/health